Friday 12 September 2014

Gym Clothes Collection

Since becoming interested in health and fitness, I seem to have spent 95% of my time wearing gym clothes (the other 5% of the time, I'll be in my pyjamas!). I often feel really awkward and uncomfortable when I try wearing 'normal' clothes and because of this, I thought I'd blog about my favourite items of gym wear.

1. Leggings/tights:
Fun fact- I am actually 6 foot tall! So it's usually quite difficult for me to find leggings that fit in all the right places and that aren't ridiculously short (I often buy full length leggings and wear them as 3/4 lengths!). Most of my leggings are from Nike- although I have to try every pair on to find the right ones, when I do find the right pair I will keep buying that same pair whenever I need them. My favourites are the Filament Capri & full length running tights and the Slim Poly Capri Pants. They can sometimes be a bit pricey so I like to buy mine online through Sports Direct or Sports Shoes


I also own a couple of pairs from H&M. They have some really cool patterned ones there (although it took me a while to feel comfortable enough to wear them in public!) and I honestly felt like I was wearing my pyjamas the first few times! I wouldn't advise wearing them for vigorous exercise (running/sprints/etc) just because they aren't too supportive, but I think they're fine for weight training. The clothing in the H&M where I live is a bit hit and miss- but they have tons of pairs on their website so go have a look! They're only around £15-20 each too which is pretty good!



2. Sports bras:
I used to only wear Nike sports bras- they are really supportive and fit really nicely- I own about 10 in total and I cannot recommend them enough. I'm always falling in love with the new colours and patterns they release!


I am quite flat chested after losing weight so I don't buy high support sports bras purely because I don't need them. I really enjoy the sports bras from H&M and Forever 21 and, because they aren't very supportive, they don't feel restrictive or uncomfortable in any way. They also come in some fab colours and patterns! A recent addition to my sports bra collection is a plain white one from Gymshark. I must admit, it offers NO support what so ever, so I just make sure to wear a tight fitting top over the top.



3. Tops:
When I first started working out and going to the gym, I wanted to cover up my body and would only wear baggy t-shirts, long sleeved shirts and hoodies. Now that I feel more confident, I pretty much wear vests and tank tops every day. My all time favourite are the racer back vests from Pull and Bear- the racer back is so flattering, and these fit perfectly (they're also around £2-3 each which you can't really complain about!)



Another favourite of mine is the Better Bodies racer back I received for my birthday- they are pretty expensive so aren't something I (as a student) could afford to buy and wear every day. It's such a light material and I love the pattern of the one I have! The rest of my wardrobe is full of plain vest tops from  all over the place- Asos, H&M, Forever 21, Primark and New Look mostly.



4. Shoes:
Again, I am a bit obsessed with Nike when it comes to trainers! I am currently wearing the Nike Free 5.0's- they're super comfortable. I'm not sure if they are ideal for people who run a lot as they dot have a great deal of cushioning and support but I wear them pretty much everywhere else. Before purchasing these, I spent months and months wearing the Nike 5.0 TR Fit shoes which were equally as good.


If I'm going to be doing squats or dead lifts at the gym, I prefer to wear a flat shoe and will wear either my Vans or my plain white pumps from Primark. They obviously don't provide any support, but are perfect for when you need a flat base to lift with correct form.

I hope you enjoy my first blog post, I'm not entirely confident about the quality of my photos/writing/etc so I apologise! Thank you for reading and if you have any thing you want me to write about, let me know :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment